Shall we talk? – AIDS Concern HIV Self-test Support Service
AIDS Concern now offers an affordable and private counselling service along with our self-test kits.
This is a service for people who cannot do an HIV test at the testing centre and would like to do their own test with some extra help.
You may pick wherever you find comfortable to conduct the test. Simply reach out to our qualified counsellors and we would walk you through the whole self-testing process via phone or online call. We would help you get prepared both physically and mentally for the test and answer every question and doubt you might have.
1. Pre-test counselling, might include but not limited to:
- Discussion on reasons and concerns of testing
- Checking understanding of HIV infection
- Provide HIV risk assessment based on your sexual behaviours
- Meaning of negative and positive results
- Preparation of possible positive diagnosis
- Information of support
- Informed consent
- Provide and explain technical information of the test
2. Step-by Step testing instruction
3. Post-test counselling and Test Result interpretation, might include but not limited to:
- Follow up on questions raised in pre-test counselling
- Suggestions on preventive measures
- More information on HIV/STI
- Opportunity to ask any related questions
4. Linkage to referral service after test (if necessary)