We provide a dynamic, warm, friendly and motivated working atmosphere, performance-based job rotation and career development opportunity to candidates who have real passion to develop a career with NGOs to serve the community.
AIDS Concern’ vision is for Triple Zero Hong Kong – ZERO new HIV infections, ZERO stigma and ZERO AIDS deaths. To meet this vision, our PLHIV (People Living with HIV) Support and Anti-stigma team is dedicated to providing education Programs for improving public understanding of HIV through active anti-stigma campaigns and educational workshops.
In that sense, we need a dedicated and responsible candidate with genuine interest in NGO services to join us as
Assistant Program Manager (Testing and PLHIV service)
The successful candidate will be responsible for
– Providing leadership role in testing and counselling service and People Living with HIV (PLHIV) service
– Facilitating effective communication between services, teammates and service users
– Maintaining professional/positive attitude and behavior at all times
– Overseeing, developing and monitoring the testing and counselling service and PLHIV service
– Identifying service gap and develop new service to fit the latest service needs of service users
– Managing the budget and expenditure of the services and look for funding via preparing funding proposal
– Connecting with relevant stakeholders and form collaborations with other professional parties to attain synergy in services
– Supervising subordinates via regular supervision and career development
We are looking for candidates who are
– Holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Public Health, Counselling or Education and Promotion related disciplines preferred
– With at least 3 years supervision and managerial exposure
– Experience in and ability to develop service plans with clients in order to assess needs, identify resources and support strategies and evaluate outcomes
– Experience in connecting and collaborating with external funders, NGOs, and other relevant stakeholders
– Good team player, strong and effective communications skills within agency, service users, stakeholders and funders
– Pro-active, well organized, acts effectively with good quality and able to meet set timelines
– Proficient in English and Cantonese, Mandarin a plus
– Well versed operations in Microsoft Office. Social media related knowledge a plus
– Familiar with community culture, HIV/AIDS knowledge is an advantage
AIDS Concern has an ambitious, supportive, friendly and motivated working atmosphere. We provide performance-based reward and career development opportunities for staff that has real passion to develop their career with an NGO serving the community. The right candidate is expected to have good leadership potential for further development into more senior level.
We provide comprehensive fringe benefits including MPF, Medical Scheme, public holidays, 15-days annual leave and training / coaching opportunities to support colleague’s career advancement.
Interest parties please send your full CV, with current and expected salary, availability and write a short essay (max. 500 words) on “What’s your plan in development of testing & counseling service and PLHIV service in order to achieve the target of virtually eliminate HIV by 2030?” to Human Resources Department of AIDS Concern at email@example.com on or before 10 October 2022.
Chief Executive – AIDS Concern
AIDS Concern is the largest and longest-established HIV charity in Hong Kong and the biggest LGBT+ health NGO in the city.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic leader to be our next Chief Executive. If you think this might be you, then we would love to hear from you.
About AIDS Concern
AIDS Concern was the first AIDS/HIV NGO in Hong Kong, established in 1990 and committed to the service of AIDS care in Hong Kong.
We want to see an end to new HIV infections in Hong Kong by 2030. Our vision is for Triple Zero – ZERO new HIV infections, ZERO stigma for people living with HIV and ZERO AIDS deaths.
AIDS Concern aims to make a substantial contribution to ending new HIV infections in Hong Kong by 2030. We will achieve this by providing community-based services with evidence-based prevention education, HIV testing and support.
In the coming years we intend to build a pioneering rainbow health service to improve the health of the LGBT+ community in Hong Kong.
The Role of Chief Executive (CE)
The CE is responsible for the overall success of AIDS Concern and for leading the formulation and execution of long-term strategies with the aim of making AIDS Concern a sustainable charitable organisation with a significant positive impact in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CE oversees all operations, programmes and services of AIDS Concern, while balancing the following priorities:
1. Leading the Delivery of AIDS Concern’s Vision and Strategy
· Working with the Board of Directors, formulate the long-term strategy and direction of the organisation.
· Oversee the development and execution of programmes, services, campaigns, and initiatives which further the organisation’s mission.
2. Differentiating Our Position as Hong Kong’s Leading HIV Charity and Provider of LGBT+ Health Services
· Be a visible champion of AIDS Concern and the communities that we serve.
· Continuously build our knowledge and expertise through research and engagement with other thought leaders and organisations locally, regionally, and globally.
3. Developing and Growing the Organisation
· Oversee the development and execution of an annual plan of activities, including programmes, social enterprise services provided through My Place, campaigns, research, and our annual conference.
· Deepen relationships with existing clients/service recipients through cross-selling of our other services.
4. Ensuring Financial Sustainability
· Develop an annual budget which is approved by the Board, and lead execution based on the approved budget, while managing against agreed financial and other KPIs.
· Diversify and expand sources of income, ensuring a healthy mix of both restricted and unrestricted funding, and renewable and other income.
5. Building and Leading a High Performing and Diverse Team
· Provide leadership and direction to AIDS Concern staff, inspiring and motivating them.
· Build a positive employer brand with a strong employee value proposition (EVP) to attract prospective talent while retaining and engaging existing talent.
6. Operating with a High Standard of Corporate Governance
· Manage AIDS Concern according to the highest ethical standards, in compliance with local laws and regulations, and recognising the social, environmental, and economic impact of our activities on the communities for whom and within which we serve.
· Practice responsible and informed decision-making in congruence with our core values and mission.
7. Strengthening Relationships with a Wide Range of Stakeholders
· Act as a trusted partner to external stakeholders who are aligned with AIDS Concern’s mission.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to create even greater impact and opportunities, leveraging respective strengths and synergies, and to learn and share knowledge, best practices and experience.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone who can join AIDS Concern as soon as possible. However, we are willing to wait for the right candidate. We welcome local and international applications for this role. In particular, we are looking for a candidate with:
Leadership and General Management
· Broad senior management experience with proven track record and minimum of 8 years’ experience at executive level.
· A visionary leader and strategic thinker.
· An innovation mindset with the ability to see new opportunities, problem solve, and identify solutions.
· Results-oriented, mature, resilient, self-motivated, thrives in a dynamic team and work environment.
· Hands on experience in financial management, including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow management, budgeting, forecasting, and project accounting is helpful.
· Strong leadership, people management and coaching skills to build and enhance teamwork and motivate and develop team members.
· Able to take clear decisive decisions on priorities, budgets and people, even when these may sometimes be unpopular.
· Strong organisational and operational skills.
· Business development and innovation mindset to grow our work in LGBT+ health is an advantage.
Subject Matter Expertise
· A senior leader with a background in one of social work, social sciences, counselling, or education (or degree in social work, social sciences, counselling, education or a relevant subject).
· Good understanding and experience of service delivery.
· Understanding of HIV and LGBT+ health is a definite advantage for the role but is not essential.
· A candidate who has worked with minority groups and stigmatized causes.
· Strong communication ability to build relationships with colleagues across AIDS Concern and other parties outside the organisation.
· Experienced in media relations and public speaking.
· Excellent English communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) with ability to influence both internally and externally at senior levels.
· Chinese language skills, especially Cantonese, is a definite advantage.
· Passion for developing a career within the NGO sector and serving the community.
· Open minded and willingness to accept or create new initiatives.
· Able to handle both complexity and ambiguity.
· Not afraid to challenge the status quo.
· Willing to work with team members at a detailed level if required.
What we offer
We offer a salary which reflects the seniority of this role working in a non-subvented charity in Hong Kong. We will be flexible to salary requests depending on the experience and skills of the successful candidate.
Relocation support including travel and some resettlement costs will be offered for a successful overseas candidate.
We provide comprehensive fringe benefits including medical coverage, training and development sponsorship.
If you are interested to join our team please prepare a full CV plus a covering letter which sets out your experience and suitability for the position, your expected salary and date of availability for employment. Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prevention Officer (PLHIV Team)
To support AIDS Concern’s Triple Zero (ZERO new HIV infections, ZERO stigma and ZERO AIDS deaths) target, our PLHIV (People Living with HIV) Support and Anti-stigma Team recruiting an Prevention Officer to enhance the wellbeing of the PLHIV community and their care giver; to eliminate stigma towards PLHIV at personal, cultural and structural levels through support case work, group work and anti-stigma activity; to empower PLHIV community for greater participation on HIV prevention.
1. To promote and deliver voluntary counselling and testing (VCT) to the communities which are the highest risk of HIV infection
2. To provide individual or group counselling with case management
3. To manage and conduct workshops and programme for the PLHIV community and their care giver to enhance the quality of life for PLHIV
4. Design and implement (or assist to) anti-stigma campaign/ workshop/ talk to other health professionals or general public
5. To prepare written reports regarding team activities, and pieces for AIDS Concern newsletter and Annual Report
6. To establish good working relationships with other NGOs, HIV/AIDS Specialist Clinics and relevant stakeholders
7. To implement social media campaign and promotion
8. To manage POZlife web site and related social media
9. Any ad hoc projects as required
Qualifications and experience
– University graduate or above in Public Health discipline or social work
– Training in venipuncture or related courses is an advantage
– 2 years solid experience in minority community. Experience in serving PLHIV community and social media promotion preferred
– Solid experience in conducting individual counselling and group work
– Solid programme organizing and counselling skills
– Knowledge in STIs/HIV issues is an advantage
– Fluent spoken English and Cantonese. Mandarin also preferred
– Knowledge in Microsoft Office operation
We provide warm, friendly and motivated working atmosphere, performance-based reward and career development opportunity to the right candidate who has real passion to serve the community
Other fringe benefits include MPF, medical scheme, 5-day work week and public holidays, 15-day Annual Leave and training/ coaching for supporting colleague’s career advancement
Interest parties please write an article titled
“What is the need of People living with HIV? What kind of programme can deliver in response to their need?”
with your full CV, stated with current and expected salary, availability, send to Human Resource Department of AIDS Concern at
For more information about our organization, please visit our website www.aidsconcern.org.hk
To manage and prepare information related to sexual health topics via Social Media Platforms of Ethnic Minority Project, targeting local Indonesian and Filipino domestic helpers, and the people of African ethnicity residing in Hong Kong:
- Enhance HIV prevention and sexual health knowledge to the related communities via social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, etc;
- Monitor the online/offline activities from target communities, discuss with supervisor for any opportunity to promote HIV prevention and sexual health knowledge
- To support and answer questions about HIV, STIs, and safe sex, and improve the sexual health and testing awareness of the target community, etc.
- Work in the office, regularly meet with the supervisor, have on-site meetings and training.
Applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Familiar with the communities and the operations of social media platforms of ethnic minorities, and be socially sensitive.
- Be mature & non-judgmental, open and accepting, be responsible and proactive;
- Familiar with computer word processing and basic image production;
- Basic Chinese or English communication skills (Bahasa Indonesia or Tagalog will be preferred);
- Experience in serving the community will be preferred;
* The agency will provide on-job training with salary for selected candidate on the knowledge and skills required for the job Office work, 2 days per week, 8 hours per day
$50/hour(Part-time Social Media Worker)
Please prepare a paragraph (about 200 words) on “How would you effectively use social media platforms to reach people in the community and raise their awareness of HIV testing?” and send an email attach with your CV to HR manager email@example.com, thank you very much.