Our voluntary counselling and testing (VCT) service is a crucial intervention point in AIDS Concern's HIV prevention work. Having considered HIV prevention strategies of other places and the behavioral pattern of different communities, AIDS Concern proactively promotes early testing and provides the following one-stop testing services for people in need:
1. HIV and syphilis rapid tests
- A finger prick test to get a blood sample
- Result known in 20 minutes
- For HIV we use the p24 Combo HIV rapid test, which can detect SOME new HIV cases within 15-28 days after infection. However, as it cannot detect all new HIV infections within this period, we suggest people can also get tested 90 days after suspected infection may have happened to be sure of one’s HIV status.
2. Gonorrhoea & chlamydia test
(urine test and result known in 2 weeks)
All tests are free, anonymous and confidential. The tests also come with pre- & post-test counselling and referral.
Our voluntary counselling and testing (VCT) service is partly sponsored by Janssen.
Health Service Centre
Flat B, 3/F,
Fu Lee Commercial Bldg,
14-20 Pilkem Street,
*Booking is compulsory.
Mobile testing in the New Territories
Men who have sex with Men
Client of Female Sex Workers (FSWC)/
Men who have multiple female sex partners
(Chinese version only, enquiry no.:2394 6677)
Counselling & Follow-up
*Pre- and post-test counselling.
*Reducing the future risk of infection for clients tested with a negative result through safer sex education.
*Referring clients tested positive to medical institutions for medication, follow-up, counselling and other support services.