Social Worker/ Counsellor (Testing and Counseling)
AIDS Concern wants to see Hong Kong with ZERO new HIV infections, ZERO stigma for people living with HIV and ZERO AIDS deaths. To reach this target, we have opened a new Testing Centre in Jordan where more people at risk of HIV can get tested and provided with information and support. The centre also provides information and support services for people living with HIV.
We need a dedicated and passionate person who understands the importance of empowerment to help people make positive changes in their lives to join us as Social Worker/ Counsellor within our Testing and Counseling service (Ref: TCSW)
This role will support the Testing and Counseling services of AIDS Concern by providing voluntary counseling and testing (VCT) services, primarily in our Testing Centre and elsewhere as required, developing and implementing therapeutic interventions in response to clients' needs.
Key duties of the position are:
1. Providing VCT services to Heterosexual men, gay and bisexual men, high-risk youth
2. Follow-up cases to ensure improved wellbeing of clients in terms of sexual health and mental health
3. Provide training and coaching to VCT workers to ensure the quality of VCT
We are seeking for candidates who are:
- Degree holder or above in either social work or counselling related disciplines
- 3-years plus experience in social work/counselling or group work field
- Candidate who is familiar with sexual health, gay culture is preferred;
- Sound coaching and counselling skills to provide professional services to our clients
- Experience in providing service or counselling to people living with HIV or diverse communities preferred
- Open minded, good team player able to form collaborations among various stakeholders
- Task oriented with goals focused on meeting the needs of the community AIDS Concern serves, while maintaining clear focus on people
- Self-motivated with genuine interest in developing a career with NGOs in a leadership position
- Proficient in English and Chinese (written and spoken)
- Well vested in Microsoft office and knowledge on design software a plus
- Willing to work outside normal work hours as required, but with compensation leave
We provide a warm, friendly and motivated working atmosphere, performance-based reward and career development opportunities. The right candidate will have real passion to develop a long-term career with NGO and serve the community. It will also be someone with good leadership and coaching skills for supporting junior and less experienced colleagues.
Our fringe benefits package will include MPF, Medical Scheme, 5-day working week, public holidays, 15-days annual leave and training opportunities.
Interest parties please send your full CV, with current and expected salary, and availability by quoting the job reference TCSW with a covering letter explaining your suitability to the position and write a short article on:
“What are the needs of people with high risk of HIV infection? How can a counselor engage them to tackle their need?”
To Human Resources Department, AIDS Concern at email@example.com
Please submit by the deadline of 8th August, 2016