Prevention Officer (Youth Team)
AIDS Concern was the first non-government AIDS/HIV concerning NGO in Hong Kong, established in 1990 and committed to the service of AIDS care in Hong Kong.
Our vision is for Triple Zero – ZERO new HIV infections, ZERO stigma for people living with HIV and ZERO AIDS deaths. We aim to stop the HIV epidemic and to deliver innovative programs that meet community needs not being met by other organisations.
Growing HIV and STI infections are a key public health challenge. To strengthen and grow AIDS Concern’s service programs we now invite applications for the position of Prevention Officer with our Youth Team to develop the Youth HIV prevention program and promote our comprehensive sexuality education project.
General Job Scope
Including but not limited to:
1. Design, develop and implement important sections of the Youth HIV Prevention Program targeting heterosexual youth via outreach and peer education
2. Design, develop and implement comprehensive sexuality education project for youth in Hong Kong, building on the findings of the current pilot project by linking with partner organizations, statutory, voluntary and private
3. Develop and deliver training on comprehensive sexuality education to community stakeholders such as NGO partners, education institutions
- Degree holder or above, with degree preferably in Social Work or Sexuality Education related disciplines.
- Minimum 3-years' solid experience in social welfare setting, with sexuality education or youth outreach background
- Self-motivated and strong drive with genuine interest in developing career with NGO and to communicate agency values to the public
- Strive to reach the organizations goals with pro-active manner to seek for enhancement and also improved funding sources
We offer a salary based on AIDS Concern’s Master Pay Scale (MPS). Although not comparable to that of Government sector and bigger NGOs, we provide comprehensive fringe benefits including medical coverage, work-life balance, T&D sponsor and most important, we provide opportunity for new initiatives and job satisfaction to candidates who are keen to work for achievement and social responsibilities specifically for the interest of minority groups.
We are an organization striving to serve the community, while committed to support the long-term career development and advancement of our colleagues within the organization.
We share team work and collaboration values and are open to new ideas with a frank culture.
If you are confident to work along with us for our Vision, please prepare:
Full CV plus a covering letter which sets out your experiences and suitability for the position, your expected salary and a short written article on “How to promote sexuality education among educational institutions in Hong Kong”
Please send this to: email@example.com
Please submit by 8th August, 2016.