To support AIDS Concern Triple Zero (ZERO new HIV infections, ZERO stigma and ZERO AIDS deaths) target, our PLHIV (People Living with HIV) Support and Anti-stigma Team needs a Prevention Officer to enhance the wellbeing of the PLHIV community, their carers and to eliminate stigma towards PLHIV at personal, cultural and structural levels through support services and anti-stigma campaigns; to empower PLHIV community to enhance community participation and programme quality.
The role reports to our Assistant Manager of PLHIV Team and is responsible for
1. Develop, coordinate and conduct individual counseling, workshops and projects for the PLHIV community andtheir significant others for the wellbeing of the PLHIV
2. Design, implement and evaluate new program initiatives for the well-being of the PLHIV community
3. Monitor programme implementation and budget to ensure that quality output and standard are reached
4. Assist Programme Manager to write funding proposals and reports
5. Provide written reports regarding team activities, and pieces for AIDS Concern newsletter and Annual Report
6. Design and implement anti-stigma campaign/workshop to other health professionals or general public
7. Assist to initiate, sustain and develop working relationships with other NGOs, HIV/AIDS Specialist Clinics and relevant stakeholders
8. Any ad hoc projects as required
We are seeking for candidates who are
- University graduate or above in Counseling or Psychology discipline, RSW a definite advantage
- Minimum 2-years solid experience in servicing minority community. Individual counseling and group work experience preferred
- Knowledge about STIs/HIV issues would be a definite advantage
- Pro-active, well organized, act effectively in good quality and able to meet set timeline
- A team player with good communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Cantonese and English, Mandarin a plus
- Well vested Microsoft Office knowledge
AIDS Concern provides a friendly, energetic working environment with a focus on work-life balance. We provide performance-based career development opportunities, comprehensive fringe benefit coverage to the right candidate who is able to develop a long-term career with an NGO to serving the local community.
Interest parties please send your full CV, stating current and expected salary, availability and an essay of 500 words for topic “What is the need of People living with HIV? What kind of program can deliver in response to their need?” to Human Resources Department, AIDS Concern at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 9 June 2017.